The BlackRose Manor

The Plays

Forum Home > RolePlaying Area > Hunt in NightHaven Cave.

Amithia Nightshadow

*Amia felt her feet slide from under her and she let out a long sigh. She was so rusty these days. She glanced around herself taking in the trees and the wall that surrounded the town. That town had became her home in the few days she had been living there and she really was enjoying it. But a part of her, that wild soldier side, need more than just a small training area and town to keep her busy. So without much of a plan she had set out for a walk. she decided to see what she would have came upon if she hadn't found the town.* 'And Desmond'  *She thought to herself as she fixed her bow and ran a hand down the thin sword on her hip. Lost in thought she continued down the road. Something seemed to be calling to her farther down the path.*

January 27, 2012 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Desmond M Lafayette
Administrator

*The town went about in its usual buzz of activity. People came and went freely. The crowded around stalls and whispered in small groups or called to each other across the through fare in boisterous voices to be heard above all others. Amia was walking a fairly meandering path that carried her, unintentionally or not, past the town entrance and into the wooded area surrounding blackwulf valley.*

*It was quiet. The chripping of noctrunal insects filled the air and the hoot of an owl could be heard. It swooped out westward intent upon a small field mouse it had spotted. It swept up into the air with its prize. Nothing seemed out of place at that precise time.*

--

I am the madness, the revel, the joy..I am the wicked and well crafted ploy. From my tounge to thy lips i speak both truth and lie..But you must admit whatever im doing I'm still one hell of a wonderful guy.

January 27, 2012 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amithia Nightshadow

*The feeling she had felt earlier seemed to grow ever the stronger as she continued walking. she knew she had made a promise to herself not to do anything that could leave her in a situation she wouldn't be able to get out of, but it was almost to tempting to pass up.*

*She stopped for a moment and ran a hand through her hair again. It still needed a trim but it was once more a deep, shining black. With a well practiced motion she wrapped up the waist length hair into a bun and tied it back in a red tie. She started up again and glanced around herself. Her eyes picking up what looked to be a dip, or a cave, in the side of the hill.*

*As she grew ever the closer that pulling tugged in her stomach and she could feel that this was what had been calling out to her. but at the same time she felt a sense of danger and felt the sword once more just to compose herself as she stepped closer.*

January 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Desmond M Lafayette
Administrator

*Through the forest around the side outside edge of town. Till the inital gate gave way to the natural surrounding mountain side. The owl alights on a branch and it quickly gulps down its prize. The animal has affixed itself and stared, head cocked at the one who approached the cave. It was a small sparse section..where apparently the trees had been cut. Leaving an area of stumps to rest upon. A fire pit blackened the earth immediately outside. It was clear that the place was ultizied as a campsite of some sort.*

*The actual cave mouth stood fifteen feet wide with a ceiling extending fairly clear of seven feet. Immediately at its side were hammered two make shift scones that looked able to hold torches. Though no such things were present. It also looked as if i was camped in..more extensively than the outer area.*

* The owl hooted once. Then flittered to another branch. It repeated the proceedure every few moments. But for some odd reason it would not pass near the mouth of the cave*

--

I am the madness, the revel, the joy..I am the wicked and well crafted ploy. From my tounge to thy lips i speak both truth and lie..But you must admit whatever im doing I'm still one hell of a wonderful guy.

January 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amithia Nightshadow

*Amia glanced up at the owl. They were the only bird that she really liked and seeing one on a night like this just made her feel ever the better. As she watched the owl, she could see it swallow down its meal with out a care in the world. Now that was something she wished she could do. Eat and not be judged.* “Well hello there. I would say you were following me.” *she muttered to the owl, but in reality she was just doing it to help calm her nerves. Something about that cave scared her. No matter she was going to look. *

*Wandering towards the caves mouth she glanced at the stumps of fallen trees.* “Why would someone choose to cut the trees down here?” *She thought to herself as she cocked her head to the side as she almost skipped over to on of the stumps and glanced around the worn wood. Obviously, they had been cut down long ago. After she had carefully looked over the stumps, she came to the fire pit. It was obviously used quite often but by the look of the ashes it had not been used in quite sometime.*

*She grew ever the closer to the mouth of the cave but just close enough to sit on a nearby stump and glance at the scones and into the darkness of the cave. She wanted to grow closer but for now she had to make a plan, it was just part of her training, before she continued. As she planned, she turned her attention back to the owl. She watched its’ curious flight pattern. The fact it did not cross the mouth of the cave only made her interest grow even more.* Now what are you doing my friend?

January 27, 2012 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Desmond M Lafayette
Administrator

*The owl regarded the woman in silence. No answers apparently forth coming. It preened itself on a nearby branch. Silence descended on the small campsite. Amia sat down on one of the unremarkable stumps.*

*The only thing that seemed out of place were the sconces. At a glance the passed simply for simple lighting fixtures. But the odd them about them is that they apparently had no juncuture. As if they simply fused into the cave walls itself.

--

January 27, 2012 at 4:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amithia Nightshadow

“Well you’re helpful.” *she retorted to the owl with a chuckle. Anyone coming upon her would think she was crazy; she was talking to an owl after all. With a long drawn out sigh she stood up her sword clinking against the stump with a light thud. She was tired with the owl and since it was not really going to help her in anyway she did not have to spend any more time talking to it. She glanced once more at the owl and then took a few tentative steps forward. Her boots snapping a few small twigs as she did her eyes never leaving the scones.*

*With her hand on her sword, she came up to the scones. Something told her to be wary even in her searching. Another sigh came from her lips as she came right upon the scones. They were interesting to say the least. Reaching out her small thin hand, she ran her finger down the scone softly. It seemed as if they happened to be part of the cave and not put up by somebody. Her eyes became darkened as she glanced into the cave. It was dark in it cave and even with her eyes it was a little difficult to make out anything. Even as she glanced around, she kept running her hand over the scone*

January 27, 2012 at 4:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Desmond M Lafayette
Administrator

*While her hand idly ran over the wall sconce. It shifted slightly. A soft grinding sound as the entire thing pivoted slightly. It was now tilted forward at an unusal angle. Apparently it rotated a small circular section so well crafted that it appeared apart of the natural rock wall.*

*The owl flutters its wings and peers at amia. Apparently psuedo interested in what was going on.*

--

January 27, 2012 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amithia Nightshadow

*Amia was shocked and pulled her hand back from the scone. That was rather interesting. With knitted eyebrows, she twisted the scone until it was exactly opposite the way it had been before. She did this mainly to get a better look at the device that it rotated on. Stepping back a bit she bit at her lip and glanced at the other scone. So many thoughts were racing through her head. These scones were obviously placed by someone who knew what they were doing. *

*The light rustling of wings made Amia turn around to the front of the cave, she had been startled. It was only the owl and she chuckled lightly to herself.* “Well hello again. Do you understand what is going on here? Hoot once for yes and twice for no” *She said a blush crossing her cheeks. She was insane she was actually conversing with a bird, yes, it was an owl but still it was a bird. As she talked, she shuffled over to the other scone and did the same motion to this one that the she had to the one opposite it.*

January 27, 2012 at 5:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Desmond M Lafayette
Administrator

*The sconce rotated fully until it was upside down. No sound issued forth as it locked in place. The silence was still present until she crossed the threshold and repeated the proceedure on the opposite one. A heavy bang issued from the back of the cave. The sound of gears clicking together can be heard in the distance. It appears something was activated when the sconces were rotated.*

*The owl hoots and dives down out of the trees. Aloft on mighty wings it swoops past amia into the interior of the cave. A few moments pass at this startling amount of activity. From deep within the cave there appears to be illumination of some sort. It gives off a faint blue hue further inside*

--

January 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amithia Nightshadow

*Once more she was startled by the sound she heard but this time she leapt back twisting her head she glanced at the back of the cave, since after all it seemed that was where the sound was resonating from. She was ever the more surprised by the fact that the scones actually made something happen. She was no longer feeling as sure of herself but she felt the need to continue.*

*A small chuckle came from her as the owl flew past her and into the cave.* Seems like you and I are in this together huh? *she asked quietly as she watched it until it flew out of sight. She looked about herself for a moment and with a hand on her bow and the other brushing over her sword; she started back into the cave. She was almost happy to see the light even if it did add more to the mystery of the cave. Biting her lip softly she composed herself once more and walked with her head held high.*

January 27, 2012 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Desmond M Lafayette
Administrator

*The blue light grew steadily brighter in intensity the closer to its source. The initial steps forward into the cave were indeed naturally wrought. However..upon reaching the back of the cave. It appears that a rotund section of it had sunk into the ground. Cutting off a hidden proportion of a clearly more man made construct.*

*The walls extending past this section were paved and extended into the mountain a ways. Scrawled along the walls were blue runes that gave off a radiant light. The owl continued to soar..occassionally hooting to give notice that it was present. It vanishes once more into the depths*

--

January 27, 2012 at 5:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amithia Nightshadow

*She had to blink her eyes several times as she walked farther back into the cave the light starting to hurt her eyes as she had been so used to the dim light of the night. She scratched lightly at the back of her neck and fixed her quiver, these were both something she did when she was nervous. She carefully kept walking her eyes searching this structure as she did. It seemed such an odd place for something like that to be.*

This is so- so… there are no words to describe this *She said her eyes wide as she glanced around. Her ears listening for the owls hoot. It seemed she had made another friend in this place. The blue runes soon caught her eyes and she slowly walked towards them. Perhaps she would be able to make out a bit of the words, she had a few classes back a long time ago on runes. Once more she would reach out her hand and touch the wall. Her eyes searching the air for the owl*

January 27, 2012 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Desmond M Lafayette
Administrator

*Upon closer inspection..the runes appear to be a form of arcane art. A living spellform that gives light to hallway. You also sense vaguely that there seems to be sense of warning radiating from them. Its entirely possible that was keeping the animals away was magicially wrought by the runes.*

*As to the nature of why this is unclear from the writtings. The owl had vanished completely. But in the silence there was a soft creaking noise. It echoes faintly from further down*

--

January 27, 2012 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amithia Nightshadow

That was what was the pulling at my stomach. You were a smart person who ever you are. *She whispered quietly to the sky. She was feeling ever so slightly better about this cave now that she was farther into it. She ran her hands once more down the wall and then turned to look down the pathway. The owl had flown that way so she felt the need to go that way as well.*

*As she walked her ears that though she was listening for the owl she could hear the noises and a part of her was frightened by the sounds, what if the cave was about to, well, cave in. However, it also excited her, the same excitement she felt when she was in battle and she missed that feeling. So with a light hear Amia picked up her pace and headed down the path at a good clip.*

January 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Desmond M Lafayette
Administrator

*Another fifteen feet down the hallway opens up into a fair sized chamber. The runes encircle the wall around and connect on the far backwall.  Standing in the center of the wall...is a statue of a man. He held a draw bow with its arrow pointed toward anywho entered the cave.*

*The owl was perched on the arrowhead staring at you expantantly. The scene was indeed quiet odd. But you noticed that clasped lightly around the statues neck is a full lenth deep jade cape. It was sewn with a elegant entertwining borders picked out in silver thread. In the center of the cape was a stylized owl, also in silver thread. It wings were extended full out, as if warding off attack, and nearly spaned the length of the garmet..*

*The owl tilted its head and hooted. Flapping its wings. The source of the creaking noise not readily apparent*

--

January 27, 2012 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amithia Nightshadow

*she was startled to see the man and she pulled out her own bow and one of her arrows before she realized that the man in the room was just a statue.* I was scared by a Statue. But hey at least it is an archer. *she said to herself as she replaced her arrow and walked farther into the room. A smile crossing her face when she see the owl* There you are you silly thing. *she said with a chuckle*

*that is when the cloak caught her eye. The deep green was such an interesting color and seemed slightly out of place in the blue lighting. The pickpocket in her wanted that cape. Grinning lightly she glanced at the owl.* I am going to take that cape if I die could you somehow get some one down here? One hoot for yes two for no again please. * She said to the owl as she slide up to the statue, keeping clear of the arrow as to not scare the owl. As quickly as possible Amia grabbed at the clasp and opened it pulling the cape around the strap of her quiver.*

January 27, 2012 at 6:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Desmond M Lafayette
Administrator

*The cape clasp clicked open and rustled lightly as it was whisked aside. A tense silence ensured for the span of several moments. The owl hooted again. Breaking the tension of the moment. Amia held the lush material in her hand in middle of oddly lit room.*

*  The runes on the wall flared..growing dim. Then they slowly faded out one by one. Rekindling under another color. The blue hue was replaced with a wicked green. Racing back down the hallway in warning.*

*In the newly revealed light, there came the suprising sound of creaking. Startling close by amia. In place of the stone statue was an undead archer. Mostly a roted sketelon with scraps of flesh clinging to its frame. A fell light was flickering it is eyes as its head swiveled in her direction. The owl fluttered off behind amia in alarm as the sudden movement*

(Undead archer revealed)

--

January 27, 2012 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amithia Nightshadow

*She chuckled lightly at the hoot of the owl; she had come to really like this owl. As the light started to grow dim, Amia grabbed at her bow and an arrow and placed them to be ready. She should have known better but the cape made her mind foggy and caused her to forget all she knew. When the lights returned she was startled by the bright green lights, which obviously meant something not very good.*

*The sound caused her to turn her head a shocked look crossing her face. This was something she had never seen before the statue that had so scared her before was gone in its place was something much scarier. However, after a few moments she shook her head. It may not be completely living, but then again neither was she, but it still had been a person. Very quickly she let off an arrow hitting the creature in its chest and then with trained precision she pulled out another arrow and let this one hit the skeleton in the neck*

January 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Desmond M Lafayette
Administrator

*The undead archer recieves an arrow to the emmaciated patch of its flesh covering its chest, which jars it backward. It opens its empty jaw and ensues a hiss of protest. The second arrow, intended for its neck, missed the mark. Shimming the spinal vertabra that was all there was to his neck.*

*The undead archer raises its bow slowly. The dusty wooden bow looked like it would snap, but it held. The arrow whisked soft through the air at amia. Clearing targetting her forehead*

--

January 27, 2012 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.